Session 5: The present and future of mining industry modernisation and transformation
The global energy transition based on the principles of decarbonization, technological modernization and integration of ESG principles into corporate governance processes underline long-term economic development strategies of many countries. Achieving a low carbon emission status in mining requires rethinking and redesign at all levels from operations to capital expenditure and corporate governance.
- Where are the key opportunities for reducing emissions in mining?
- What commitments mining companies are making to reducing carbon emissions?
- What are the operational challenges of decarbonisation of mining operations?
- Potential for using renewable energy and other technologies.
- Emissions Trading Schemes and other incentives.
Responsible Mining Lead
Department for International Trade
Speakers:15:00 Meeting the challenge of decarbonising mining
Principal Mining Engineer
SRK Consulting (UK)
15:15 - Almalyk Mining & Metallurgical Complex on the Road to Transformation
Deputy Chairman of the Board
Almalyk Mining and Metallurgical Complex
15:30 - Technical modernisation for reducing emissions in mining
Strategic development and Project Management Director
15:45 - Beyond Mining. Remine to regenerate.
CEO and Founder
Global Head of Mining
International Finance Corporation
Head of Sustainable Business, Industry, Agri and Commerce